Shopping Terms & Conditions
1) Photos are available to purchase as either normal Colour Prints, Black and White Prints or as Digital Downloads.
2) Colour Prints are available in a variety of sizes from 6x4" to 20x16" and in either Glossy or Lustre finish.Glossy is a shiny finish and prints appear brighter than Matte. Printed on Kodak paper.
Lustre is a premium finish on a heavier paper. It offers the vibrant colours of glossy with the fingerprint-resistant finish of matte. Printed on Kodak Supra Endura paper.
3) Black and White Prints are available by special order at no extra cost. Use the Contact page to send a message identifying what photo you require. The image will then be post-processed and put on the gallery for you to purchase. You will receive an email notification when the image is ready. (Please allow 24 hours for post-processing).
4) You have the option at the check-out stage of cropping the image to suit the size of paper chosen or to remove a feature. (Please be aware that any cropping will reduce the quality of the finished print).
PLEASE NOTE: The crop tool does not work with digital downloads, only prints. Therefore, if you try and crop a digital download at check out it will not work and will still deliver the full size image to you. If you then decide to crop the image yourself it will result in a smaller file size. If you would like a 4 Mpix custom cropped, please email before purchasing and I will make the crop for you.
5) All my printing is handled by a long established professional print laboratory which means, you, the customer, will receive the absolute best in print quality. In general, print orders received during the working week (excluding weekends) will be processed the next day and sent out first class post, so you should receive your orders within 3 working days. Extra time may be taken during holidays.
6) Shipping charges will be added at checkout, price is dependent on order size/weight.
7) If you find that your chosen photos are not appearing in your shopping basket and you see the message "Did your selections disappear? Check your cookies!" follow this link and it will explain the required browser settings. If you are still having problems, then send me an email using the Contact form at the top of the page.
8) Digital Downloads for Personal and Business use are available in 2 image sizes.
a) A Web Size image is roughly 640x480 pixels in size, or 0.3 megapixels. It's great for sharing on social sites like Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, blogs etc. These images are not really suitable for home printing because of their smaller size. If you try to stretch or enlarge these images above their supplied size, you will experience a perceived loss in quality. See the sample image below to see the final supplied actual size of a web size image. Before ordering consider whether a 4Mpix image would be more suitable.
b) A 4Mpix image is roughly 2400x1600 in size or 4 megapixels. This is a size that allows for quality printing up to 10 x 8".
c) Take care at checkout to ensure you have accurately typed your email address. As soon as checkout is complete, a box will pop up with a "Download Photo" button (see image below) . You will also receive an automated email to the address entered, which gives a link to a zip file which contains your images. If you don't receive this email within an hour, check any spam filter and get in contact with me using the form on the contact page.
d) If you want to print at sizes above 10 x 8", you would be best purchasing a print through the website as I use the actual original size image 4928x3264 (20Mb) for all my prints.
9) Free Images
Unfortunately, I don’t provide a free giveaway service for my photographs. I have a lot of expenses to cover, camera loan, software, computers, hard drive, backup storage, training, transport costs, website hosting etc etc. and giving away my work will not help to recover my costs. My images are very cheap, starting at just £1.75. I do rely on the good will of the cycling community supporting me so that I continue to stand out in all winds and weather providing them with images, which they can keep, and one day show to their Grandchildren. Hope you understand.
10) Licensing Of Images
Personal Use Only (Conditions As Personal License, see 11 below)
Any purchased photos, digital or prints, are fine for personal use i.e. using on personal blogs, personal websites and taking off prints. I don't ask you credit me for those but it's nice when riders do.
Club Websites and Newsletters (Conditions As Personal License, see 12a below)
If using on club websites, newsletters and blogs, they still come under the conditions of a personal license, however, I do ask that you provide a credit back to my website.
Commercial Use By A Business (Conditions As Commercial License, see 12b below)
If photos are to be used by a company for business use i.e. newspapers, magazines, company websites, brochures, advertising, banners, flyers etc. then they will be the subject of a commercial license which will need to be discussed. Rates for commercial license are not high and are dependent on intended use, coverage etc. Please contact me for pricing.
11) Discount Vouchers
Discount vouchers must be claimed at the time of purchase. No refunds will be provided if the opportunity to use a discount voucher has been missed.
12) Licensing and Copyright
a) Personal License.All Digital Downloads are subject to the conditions of a personal license.
Rich Lewton Photography grants the buyer a non-exclusive perpetual personal-use license to download and copy the accompanying image(s) subject to the following restrictions: This license is for personal use only. Personal use means non-commercial use of the Media for display on personal websites and computers, or making image prints for personal use. The Media may not be used in any way whatsoever in which you charge money, collect fees, or receive any form of remuneration. The Media may not be used in advertising. The Media may not be resold, re-licensed, or sub-licensed. Title and ownership, and all rights now and in the future, of and for the Media remain exclusively with Rich Lewton Photography. There are no warranties, express or implied. The Media are provided 'as is.' Neither Rich Lewton Photography nor SmugMug will be liable for any third party claims or incidental, consequential or other damages arising out of this license or buyer's use of the Media.
b) Commercial LicenseCommercial License Rich Lewton Photography grants you a perpetual, non-exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide license to use the accompanying image(s) or video(s) (collectively, "Media,") for permitted commercial purposes, defined as: • advertising, promotion, brochures, packaging • as part of a commercial website for promotional purposes (maximum 800x600 pixels) use • prints, posters, flyers, tearsheets for promotional purposes (not for resale) • prints, posters, or other commercial display of Media • magazines, books, newspapers, other printed publications • video, broadcast, theatrical What you may not do: Buyer may not resell, relicense, redistribute without express written permission from Content Provider. Use as a derivative work, and reselling or redistributing such derivative work is prohibited. Media may not be used in a pornographic, obscene, illegal, immoral, libelous or defamatory manner. Media may not be incorporated into trademarks, logos, or service marks. Media may not be made available for download. Rich Lewton Photography retains all rights, license, copyright, title and ownership of the Media. There is no warranty, express or implied, with the purchase of this digital image or video file. Neither Content Provider nor SmugMug will be liable for any claims, or incidental, consequential or other damages arising out of this license or buyer\'s use of the Media.
Please contact me for pricing for commercial prints or downloads.